Symptoms of strep throat, antibiotic has no effect

Patient

Q: Hi!
My story started with a strange rash (small red bumps but no itching) on my back which disappeared after a few days. A few days later I developed moderate fever (38 C) usually higher in the evening, accompanied by a general malaise and chills and sweating in the night. My right tonsil was enlarged and a few white spots were apparent by I had no sore throat.
The fever and being unwell cleared in about five days but my tonsils got worse, I constantly have a foreign body feeling in my throat. The patches of white pus became bigger and there is more of them, now I can also see a few on my left tonsil (which is much smaller though). Still no pain. I also have swollen and a little bit tender lymph nodes under my jaw, on the side of my neck and right over my collarbone. The ones on the right side are bigger.
I went to the doctor three days ago who as usual was rather ignorant and without any tests he gave me Levofloxacin. This does not seem to have any effect at all, which is worrying, as I learned it is a very powerful antibiotic. I also had blodd test done (on my own) for mononucleosis which came back negative.
What is your opinion about this? What could cause my tonsillitis if it's not strep? If it was strep it would respond well to the antibiotic treatment right?
Thank you for the answer.

Symptoms:  Swollen tonsils, pus on tonsils, swollen lymph nodes, no fever, no pain
Symptoms of strep throat, a...-1 Symptoms of strep throat, a...-2
Doctor