Symtoms of Pregnancy in Newlywed Couple

Q: Hi Dr I am newly wed lady. My hubby and I are hoping to have a child. My last period (1st day) was on 17th Dec. My cycle is about 30-35 days. We had a unprotected sex on 31st Dec and 2 January morning. He penetrates in me. However, I felt the following last week and this week 1) Breast sore (so painful, I told my hubby not to touch me) 2) tummy uncomfortable (unable to describe the feeling) 3) bloated for a few days 4) dizziness 5) 2 days backs, having a little nausea feeling but no vomitting 6) last 3-4 days have been burping 7) last week, constipated for 2 days. Am I pregnant? Or is just the mind game? My period is gotten to due anytime soon. But did not want to test yet as I am afraid its just another PMS. Scared to be a disappointment again.

A:   Early symtoms of pregnancy include: tender swollen breast's, fatigue, slight bleeding or cramping, nausea with or without vomiting, headaches, constipation, increased libido and mood swings.  Some of your symptoms do fit and the best thing to do is wait for your period.  If it does not arrive, I suggest a home pregnancy test. If the test is positive ... congratulations. It is negative, please see your doctor as to the cause of your then unexplained symptoms.