Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > T3 101 to 10 tsh 240 thyroglobulin 419 I was

T3 101 to 10 tsh 240 thyroglobulin 419 I was

Patient: T3 101 to 1.0 tsh 2.40 thyroglobulin 41.9 I was prescribed armour, 6 months ago my tsh was 7.35 I stopped eating gluten and now my numbers are, lower do I need to take medication

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Yes, you need medication. TSH stands for Thyroid stimulating hormone which stimulates th e thyroid gland to produce thyroid hormone.The reason that your TSH is now in normal range is because the body has enough thyroid hormone right now and does not need as much thyroid hormone and hence TSH is back to normal.You should not stop Thyroid hormone at all. Do see a Doctor every 3 months to have a follow-up. I hope this helps you.All the best.