Tailbone hurts I have some swelling around the anus area

Patient : Tailbone hurts. I have some swelling around the anus area. No bleeding. Haven't stoll in a day. When i sit, i can sit forward, but not straight.
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. The swelling around the anus could be an infection such as a peri anal abscess or could also be folliculitis, both cases are painful. You have not mentioned any history of haemorrhoids, so I am ruling that out. Either case, it needs to be examined as they can be acutely painful. Kindly get the swelling examined by your local GP and proceed accordingly. Hope this was helpful, Regard