Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Tailbone hurts I have some swelling around the anus area

Tailbone hurts I have some swelling around the anus area

Patient: Tailbone hurts. I have some swelling around the anus area. No bleeding. Haven’t stoll in a day. When i sit, i can sit forward, but not straight.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.The swelling around the anus could be an infection such as a peri anal abscess or could also be folliculitis, both cases are painful. You have not mentioned any history of haemorrhoids, so I am ruling that out.Either case, it needs to be examined as they can be acutely painful. Kindly get the swelling examined by your local GP and proceed accordingly.Hope this was helpful,Regard