Taken Mefigist,Expected time for next periods to happen?

Patient : My wife taken mifegist after she had Pregnancy positive,she had heavy bleeding for one week after that it was stopped. now its approximately 40 days over since the last bleeding stopped.when can she expects periods .How much time limit will be there to happen periods. Regards kumar
Symptoms:  Weakness
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. A medical termination of pregnancy by mtp pills like mifegest always needs to be follow ed up with a scan to make sure if the abortion is complete and there are no products left behind. Kindly see a gynecologist or a radiologist to first confirm the same and rule out any complications like retained products in the uterine cavity. Once that is done and if there has been no further sexual activity following the abortion, she can expect her cycle on the anticipated next cycle date or even wait for 10 more days beyond that. Generally an abortion can change the ovarian function as well as hormonal functions and hence delay the cycles. A change in bleeding pattern for initial 2 cycles is expected. So wait for 10 days beyond expected cycle date. See a doctor if there is further delay for withdrawal bleeding medicines to resume the cycles. Use a contraception as chances of pregnancy is always there. In her case as 40 days have passed,do not wait any longer and see the doctor to rule out causes of secondary amennorhea. Hope this helped. Regards