Taking Euthyrox and I have gained weight

Patient : I have been taking euthyrox 75 mg for the past year. I have gained 15 kilos. I have tried evry possible diet but I haven't lost even a gram. Should I stop taking euthyrox. please advise?
Doctor :    If you are taking Thyroid hormone (Euthyrox: levothyroxine) because you were diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and your doc ctor prescribed it, you should discuss with him before stop the medication, but if you auto medicated it or auto prescribed it to lose weight I strongly recommend that you stop it and consult your doctor about the possible deleterious effects of taking Thyroid hormone just to lose weight, this is not an indication to take Thyroid hormone. Besides, levothyroxine is ineffective for weight reduction in patients with normal thyroid function, and it may cause serious or life-threatening toxicity.