Taking of medicine that triggers migraine.

Patient

Q: I had a migraine. Whenever I take my medicine instead of subsiding the pain it only makes it worse. What does it mean?

Symptoms:  Headache, nausea, blur vision
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that your medication could be exacerbating your migraine headaches because you are experiencing an adverse reaction to it. We recommend that you stop this medication immediately and go to your doctor to be reevaluated. You will need to be treated with another migraine headache medication which you will not experiencing side effects off. Please see your doctor immediately.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com