Taking oral pill is safe

Patient

Q: After 3yrs of taking pill is it possible for me to have a baby again?pls help

Doctor

A:   The oral contraceptive pill is a temporary method of contraception especially designed for women like you who would wish to postpone child bearing for a few years. The length of time it takes to become pregnant after use of a hormonal pill for birth control depends upon the type of pill that was used, as well as some individual factors.Women who use combination estrogen-progestin type of pills usually begin to ovulate regularly one to three months after stopping.
If you wish to start a family now, you just have to stop the pill and start trying to conceive from the immediate next cycle onwards.