Taking Plan B Before Sexual Activity

Patient : I took the ECP after having unprotected sex then with in 24 hours i had sex again. is the pill effective for any amount of time AFTER ingestion or shoul i go and take another one?
Doctor :   Plan B or other emergency contraception pills (ECP) are not approved to prevent pregancy for sexual activity that occurs after taking the pills.  In your case, you would be advised to take the ECP within 24-72 hours after unprotected sex again. Another option I advise women who take ECP frequently is the use of a regular form of birth control such as the oral contraceptive pill.