Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Taking plan b multiple time

Taking plan b multiple time

Patient: My girlfriend and I had a condom break over the weekend. She had been taking birth control for about 6 days. Is plan B an option? She had to take it a few weeks back also. That was our only time ever taking it, but I wasn’t sure if taking it multiple times in a cycle would be a problem.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for asking the query at ATD about your health care.I have gone through your history and understand y our concerns.Yes,she can take plan- b to avoid pregnancy but emergency pill in one cycle should not be taken because it may cause hormonal imbalance and period irregularities due to high dose of hormone in it.As you are on birth control pills and if you are taking it regularly and at the same time it can also prevent pregnancy in your case.Hope found useful,feel free to discuss more information.Good luck.Regards