Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Taking too much medication within a short time span

Taking too much medication within a short time span

Patient: I’m taking Carbidopa-Levodopa 25-100 tab at 7:30, Carbidopa-Levo ER 50-200 tab at 10:00 and Carbidopa-Levodopa 25-100 tab again at noon, is that taking too much in that short of a time span?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for choosing “Ask the Doctor” for posting your query.I have gone through your question in det ail and I can understand what you are going through.I agree with your concerns that the dosage is high and that too in a very short duration Instead of running such high doses of a single medicine, it would be advisable to use other medicines of parkinsonism as well. Pramipexole or trihexyphenidyl or propranolol. may be added up to reduce the symptoms of parkinsonism. This will help in reducing the over dosage of dopa.Hope I am able to answer your concerns.If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you in future.Wish you good health!