Taste and smell impaired after using bleach

Patient : Hi Doctor, Two days ago, I used undiluted thick bleach (chlorine) to clean my bathroom. It is a small area, lacking ventilation. It took me a bit more than 1 hour to finish, during which I was exposed to this chemical. Soon after that, I noticed that my taste/smell had been impaired and it hasn't recovered yet. I am scared that I have damaged the sensory epithelium and I am worried if I will ever get my full senses back again. Could you please help me? Is this serious? Is there something I can do? Any information would be much appreciated! I'm 25, healthy and never had this kind of issues before. Kind regards, Asimina
Symptoms:  Poor smell and taste
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. This could be an acute reaction to exposure to chlorine and will eventually settle down . There is nothing for you to worry about. Try steam inhalations and it will help you to regain your olfactory senses. Also in case of a common cold, you may not be able to smell things well. Hope this helped. Regards