Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Taste of blood while coughing

Taste of blood while coughing

Patient: Dear Doctor,while i am coughing i feels like there is blood in my throat. is there any problems? always i am not coughing bu when coughing it happens. i have no short of air, a little chest pain comes while coughing. no blood coming out. can u advise me please.Thank you

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from Upper Respiratory tract infection (URTI) associated w ith Post Nasal Drip.If you have severe coughing with sputum production, get a Chest X-ray Done to rule out Pneumonia.For URTI, I advise the following:1. To take an antibiotic like Azithromycin.2. To take an anti-allergic like Levocetirizine3. To do warm saline gargles.4. To do steam inhalation5. To take Paracetamol on as or when required basis for fever and body pains.Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.