Teen pregnancy

Patient

Q: Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex the day after she was off her period What's the chance she will be pregnant?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
If she was still having bleeding when you had unprotected sex the chances of a conception are low. Sometimes a lady can have bleeding till 7 to 10 days & early ovulation can occur soon after, therefore in such circumstances there could be a possibility of a pregnancy as ovulation generally occurs between 11 to 21 days of the menstrual cycle. Post intercourse the spermatozoa can remain viable in the reproductive tract for 3-5 days.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.