Teen w/ erection problem

Patient: 19 years old having a hard time getting and maintaining an erection during sex even though I want to

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to askthedoctor.com for an opinion,Sometimes a combination of physical and psychologica l issues causes erectile dysfunction.For instance, a minor physical condition that slows your sexual response might cause anxiety about maintaining an erection. The resulting anxiety can lead to or worsen erectile dysfunctionCommon causes include: Heart disease, Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis), High cholesterol, High blood pressure, Diabetes, Obesity, Metabolic syndrome — a condition involving increased blood pressure, high insulin levels, body fat around the waist and high cholesterol, Parkinson’s disease, Multiple sclerosis, Peyronie’s disease — development of scar tissue inside the penis, Certain prescription medications, Tobacco use, Alcoholism and other forms of substance abuse or Sleep disorders.In your case it appears more of anxiety related and performance anxiety being the major cause for such episodes and dysfunction in young men. So it is important that you must learn to spend more time with your partner in foreplay before you enter into intercourse. Foreplay allows you to understand and explore each other prior to the act. So one tend to develop confidence in his/her actions and become comfortable with the partner’s reaction, this enables him to be more confident during the act. The need for drugs at present is not warranted and you may try this simple exercise and i am sure you should be benefitted.I hope i have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health and safe sexual practices,Regards,