September 21, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Teen Girls Health > What are these sores underneath my breast? (Image)

What are these sores underneath my breast? (Image)

Patient: Why do I have bumps under my breast, and on my cleavage area? I’m only 17 years old teenager and for about four months ago I had these weird bumps on my cleavage and then it popped and it was almost like it had a blister similarity and then underneath both left and right breast as well. Bleeding/painful

Symptoms: painful weird bumps on both breasts.

Teen with sores beneath bre...-1

Doctor: Thank you for your question. This blistering and irritation could be due to the fact that your bra may be too tight resulting in the abrasion and irritation of your skin beneath your breast. We recommend that you refrain from wearing bras that are too tight fitting and to treat this irritation you can apply some topical 1% hydrocortisone cream, very sparingly. You can purchase this cream over the counter from your pharmacy. You require a very little amount to applied to the area in a thin layer, twice daily. While this heals, you can try wearing a comfortable fitting sports bra without a wire. This will assist in reducing further irritation while this heals.