Teenager with height question

Patient

Q: Dear Askdoctor, Im a 15 year old boy and Im 5'2 and 4 and i think my height generation have been slowed what necessary supplements, exercise or diet for me to gain inch. Its near vacation and I have the time to sleep, nut im really eager to gain few inches. Can I still grow?

Doctor

A:   There are several factors that may determine the stature as: parents height (familial short stature), timing of the puberty because with the sexual hormones the epiphysial fusion occurs early, resulting in premature slowing of growth velocity, usually resulting in a short adult height. In your particular case, if your epiphysis have closed already, then your potential for an additional growth in stature is reduced, but if they are still open you may growth some inches still.