Teenager with scoliosis: meaning of the X rays

Patient : Concerning the spine; What do these terms mean when reffering to xray results? Lateral spinal curvature. degrees Lavoscoliosis L1 to L4. Triradiate Cartlage: closed. Riser stage:2 ? Thank you for any layman interpretation. This question is concerning my 13 year old daughter. Leslye
Doctor :    The X rays findings that you mentioned in your question just describe in detail the scoliosis type of your daughter, me eaning, the curve is toward the left (“levoscoliosis), in the lumbar segment (L1-L4), triradiated cartilage and Risser are growth markers used in pediatrics to determine the bone age of the children and predict the progression of a scoliosis curve. Any spinal curve increasing by 1 degree each month (12 per year) during the ascendent phase of the puberty is likely to be a progressive curve that will require treatment.