Teething at such young age?

Q: Baby 2 mths and 3 weeks. drooling badly, biting teat & teething toys. Drinking and peeing well. Put teething gel to sooth gums in order to feed.

Symptoms:  Drooling badly and keep biting things

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I can understand your concern. Generally teething starts at 6 months but in few cases it can start at an early age and occasionally child can even have teeth present at birth known as neonatal teeth.

Early teething may cause irritation in gums, glycerin or any teething gel can be applied and may also cause laceration of mother's breast.

If newly erupted teeth are firm you need not worry. Due to irritating gums babies tend to put or chew toys etc. Just maintain good oral hygiene & take care the little one shouldn't put anything unhygienic in the mouth.