Temperature in a 3 year Old Toddler

Patient

Q: What degree of a temp. should i worry of my 3.5 year old son.

Doctor

A:   Temperatures above 38°C (100.4°F) rectally are considered as fever. The risk increases when the temperature rises above 38.9°C( 102°F) for children. You can administer childrens tylenol or advil by the recommended dosage, a sponge bath with warm water will also help reduce the fever. You should also encourage him to drink clear liquids to keep him hydrated. In case the temperature rises above 102°F you should take your son to an Emergency Department for immediate treatment.