Q: My daughter has a temperatureof 39,5 and I wanted to know how high and how long I can leave it before I should take her to A&E?

A:   Fever by itself is not harmful or dangerous, and unless it is very high (over 106 or 107 degrees F), then it is unlikely to cause brain damage or other problems. Also remember that a child's temperature can vary during the day, and can normally reach a high point of 100.2 degrees F at about 6pm.
Now this would depend on your child’s age. When the children are less than 5 years old, they are in risk of developing seizures due to fever if it stays around 40C for a long period of time. I would suggest you to treat her with Acetaminophen according to her age and weight and also apply physical methods to decrease the fever such as bathing her with lukewarm water or placing humid compresses on her forehead or in the armpits and most importantly give her plenty of fluids. If the fever increases or she develops other alarm symptoms like vomits, diarrhea sleepiness take her to the pediatrician for a more detailed evaluation. I wish her a prompt recovery.