Tender skin lump

Q: Hello, about a month ago I noticed a small, hard lump under my skin on my upper thigh hip area. I thought it would go away but now it is slightly larger, about the size of a dime, and slightly tender to touch as well. It is red pink in color. Any thoughts? Thanks, Blake

A:   Without a picture and feeling it, its tough to tell. Anytime though you get lumps that grow in size, i really strongly suggest you go see your family doctor to get it checked out. Especially if it is the size of a dime and started out much smaller. It could be a cyst or something more. I don't want you to panic, but its something i would go looked at ASAP.