Tenderness amd tightness directly under chin When i tilt my

Patient

Q: Tenderness amd tightness directly under chin. When i tilt my head back it hurts and my neck feels tight. Tender to the touch. No injury or allergic reactions.

Symptoms:  Tenderness and tightness
Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query and proper history.

The tenderness and tightness under the chin and the neck muscles on tilting the head back without any history of injury or allergy can be due to the following reasons in young person of your age:
- Myalgia
- Possibility of the underlying inflamed lymph nodes.
- I hope there is no history of dog-bite.

I would advise you the following:
Take some anti-inflammatory medicines, apply local rubrafacient liniment, take rest, avoid all the activities that can stretch or strain the muscles.
You may please consult an ENT or General Surgeon and get relevant blood tests and ultrasonography of the neck to see what is the underlying problem.

Hope this helps.