Terrible Nights with Rage and Sadness

Patient : I get random fits of rage and late at night i often feel very apathetic and sad. ive also self harmed before because it stopped the rage. im wondering if these are symptoms of anything worse
Symptoms:  Sadness, Self Harm, Rage, Mad, Angry, Violent
Doctor :   Hello Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query. The symptoms that you have mentioned suggest that you could be having a borderline personality disorder and this personality disorder makes you have poor coping skills. Further it seems there is a co-morbid depressive episode as well. Its difficult to pin point but this is what it appears. This will require a detailed evaluation of your mental state examination of your behaviour. Do meet your doctor and get it evaluated. Hope this helps, Wish you a good health.