Tested negative with obvious STD symptoms

Q: I am a 23 year old male and I recently had symptoms of an STD (chlamydia or gonorrhea) after having unprotected sex with a new female partner. My symptoms were penile discharge that was clearish milky in color and slight burning on urination.

I got tested, and they doctor thought I had caught something. He also took a sample of my discharge. I was treated, and my symptoms disappeared.

However, I received a notification saying that I was negative for chlamydia and gonorrhea.

Could this be right? Should I mention something to the woman I slept with? Am I safe to sleep with her again?