Testicle Injury. Badly Swollen And Bruising Considerable.

Patient : Yesterday evening (so 24 hours ago) whilst football training I unfortunately got hit by a very hard shoot directly in the testicles. Immediate pain followed but I was fine to continue after about 5mins with only slight discomfort. This evening, upon checking I have noticed large swelling on my left testicle and fairly large bruising. The pain at the moment is bearable (walking is ok) but my wife thinks I should get checked out. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Doctor :   Trauma to the testicle may present as a hematocele or a ruptured testis. I would advise you to consult your doctor for a thorough physical examination and scrotal ultrasonography or doppler studies if required. Treatment will depend on the extent of scrotal injury. Conservative management includes scrotal support, non steroidal anti-inflammatory medication, ice packs and bed rest. Hematocele may often require surgical exploration. I hope the information help you.