Testicle pain

Patient : I have a dull pain at the top of my left testicle which goes right up my stomach bottom left side this pain goes away when sitting.what could be causing this?
Doctor :   One-sided testicular pain in a young male is a cause for concern. The most common causes of such pain are an infection a nd testicular torsion. Testicular torsion is the term used to describe twisting of the testicle within the scrotum and is a surgical emergency! You should see you doctor immediately to rule out such an emergency as any delay could result in loss of the testicle!