Testicle pain

Patient

Q: I have a dull pain at the top of my left testicle which goes right up my stomach bottom left side this pain goes away when sitting.what could be causing this?

Doctor

A:   One-sided testicular pain in a young male is a cause for concern. The most common causes of such pain are an infection and testicular torsion. Testicular torsion is the term used to describe twisting of the testicle within the scrotum and is a surgical emergency! You should see you doctor immediately to rule out such an emergency as any delay could result in loss of the testicle!