Testicle swelling after Surgery for Inguinal Hernia.

Patient

Q: I had an inguinal hernia for about two year prior to having surgery .about last month my Right testicle Swell.

Doctor

A:   There are several causes of testicular swelling. The swelling may be caused by surgery to the genital area, injury, infections, epididymitis, orchitis, heart conditions, certain drugs, testicular tortion.
If there is pain you can apply an ice pack to the area, place a rolled up towel under the scrotum, wear loose fitting undergarments and refrain from any excessive activity until the pain and swelling subsides. If the pain is severe or you develop a fever or you feel a lump in the testicle, you may need to get it checked by your physician.