Testicular lump but not pain

Patient

Q: Hi

I have a lump just above my left testicle which seems to be separated from the testicle.

I also have a something like a sac of veins below that same testicle. Again it appears to be something which is separated from the testicle.

I can even hold the lump (both the one above and below) between my fingers when the testicle is relaxed. However the surface of the testicle is smooth the lumps appear only below and above. When i contract the testicle i can see them moving separately from it.

I think the one below comes from behind the testicle, because when I look at my testicle from the mirror (for example) I dont see it. It's only when I hold it or when I contracts the testicles that i can see it.

I have this condition for more than 10 years and never cared about it. But now am starting to become health conscious and I want to know more about this.

I thank you in anticipation.

Best regards
Zubeir

Symptoms:  Lumps
Doctor

Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com
It appears from your description that the lump your have experienced at the base of your testis separate fro the same is an epididymal cyst which has not grown in size from last 10 years, but in the bargain have caused the veins of the scrotum called the pampiniform plexus to become tortuous and congested forming a varicocele. This can be painful sometimes and along with a probable epididymitis of infection of epididymis can further lead to infertility issues and even lower sperm counts. Hence is is advisable that you may visit your physician for a local examination and if required the varicocele may have tone surgically operated upon after reviewing it with a scrotal ultrasound and doppler studies for confirming the same.
As its already been 10 years , its a long time already and you need to see your physician soon and seek medical attention for the same. Varicocele has to be removed along with the possible cyst followed by an antibiotic cover for a week.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,
regards