195 Physicians Online


Testicular pain during ejaculation, Prostatitis?

Dear Ask The Doctor:
For a couple of weeks now I have been having this sharp testicular pain in my right testicle. The pain usually happens during ejaculation and stops after a few seconds. I have also felt pain when not even sexually active. I am 17 years old and not sexually active with a partner. I was curious as to what is causing this pain. Is it semen as it transfers from the testicle to the penis or is it something else?


The pain in the testicle may be associated with (or referred from) an inflammation or infection of the prostate also known as prostatitis. You need to consult your family doctor, who perform clinical examination of the prostate and may refer you to a urologist for further evaluation of the condition and treatment. Antibiotics may be prescribed for the control of infection.


Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA

Related Answers:

Hello I had my physical yesterday and my PSA levels were 54.82 ng/mL and I was wondering what my risks of having pros...

Can i have anal sex after the surgical procedure know as transurethral resection of prostate (TURP)?

I am 27 years old male, I had sexual intercourse 3 days ago; it was 3 sessions of intensive sex in 40 minutes (becaus...

Hello, I have some issues. First, I have partially lost the feeling that one gets when they have to urinate. I get s...

I am experiencing burning while urinating. I know it is not STD. During the night the flow is restricted and I got up...

I have been feeling all of the sudden yesterday after i urinated pain in my testicles. They feel tender. there is a ...

Went to my doctor reporting symptoms of weakness, fatigue, and chills combined with difficulty urinating and emptying...

I'm suffering from symptoms of an enlarged prostate, this has been brought on from taking the oral steroid anavar (ox...

I have one of my testicular swollen ... did digital rectal and urine test it was all negative ...i have taken antibio...

Hi My GP has diagnosed me with potential prostatitis, but I am unsure of the diagnosis. 4 days ago I began feeling a...