Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Testicular pain during ejaculation, Prostatitis?

Testicular pain during ejaculation, Prostatitis?

Patient: For a couple of weeks now I have been having this sharp testicular pain in my right testicle. The pain usually happens during ejaculation and stops after a few seconds. I have also felt pain when not even sexually active. I am 17 years old and not sexually active with a partner. I was curious as to what is causing this pain. Is it semen as it transfers from the testicle to the penis or is it something else?

Doctor: The pain in the testicle may be associated with (or referred from) an inflammation or infection of the prostate also kno wn as prostatitis. You need to consult your family doctor, who perform clinical examination of the prostate and may refer you to a urologist for further evaluation of the condition and treatment. Antibiotics may be prescribed for the control of infection.