Tests to find out diabetes early

Patient

Q: This is manoj , in my family my mother hav diabetes , is there any tests to findout diabetes before or any tests to find chances to diabetes, pls tell me thanks in advance

Symptoms:  No symptoms, only work pressure
Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com

Studies say that Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus often runs in families. So if your mother has diabetes, you have an increased chance of developing Diabetes. The more risk factors keep increasing, the more chances of you ending up with diabetes. Risk factors include obesity, hypertension, sedentary lifestyle, all contributing to insulin resistance.

Now, regarding tests, if you exercise daily and you're not overweight, you can check your FBS/PPBS levels once annually. Try to avoid sweets as far as possible and have a good balanced diet with adequate proteins and carbohydrates. If you're overweight, you need to monitor your sugar values every 3 months or 6 months depending on your BMI. You can also get HBA1c levels checked, and values below 5.6 will indicate good sugar control over the past 3 months.

So you need to monitor FBS/PPBS, as well as HBA1c values as per your BMI.

Hope this was helpful.
Regards.