The Abortion Pill Mifeprex and Misoprostol and Marijuana Use

Patient

Q: I took mifeprex for a medical abortion today 1.10.12 at 10 am, and am inserting 4 miseprostol tablets vaginally 48 hours from this event. Will smoking marijuana to cope with nausea effect the success of my abortion by pill in any way?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. There is no medical evidence that use of marijuana will affect your medical termination of pregnancy. Having said that, we are not certain that the efficacy of this will be affected by marijuana or if there will be any adverse side effects. For this reason we do not recommend using marijuana or any illicit drug during the usage of medical termination of your pregnancy.

Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com