The back of the door where the hinges are slammed

Patient : The back of the door where the hinges are slammed in my 5th finger. it hurts when i rub the top of it and i dont know if ita broken
Doctor :   Hi. Understood the history of 5th finger getting slammed in the door. The pain on rubbing the top is due to the ner ves get inflamed and gives this pains. The only way to know about the fracture is to Get an X-ray done. If this has happened just now, you can apply ice to it and jeep elevated above the head to reduce edema and pain. Hope this helps.