Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > The beginning sexual intercourse

The beginning sexual intercourse

Patient: I have a daughter who has recently started sexual intercourse and she is having the following symptons and this what she said…I lost my virginity last year, I always use protection but i haven’t several timesI know i am not pregnant because i have a pregnant tester and i just got off my periodRecently we tried doing it again but when it went in i felt like like my cervix/uterus area was flammated and it hurt really bad, it started bleeding & and i have a burning feeling when i pee, and my down there just randomly bleeds sometimes (blood coming out, like period). I searched it up and it might be PID and if you leave it for too long you can be infertile or cause STDWhat can be the problem here??

Symptoms: Bleeding and burning

Doctor: HiThanks for the query. I understand your concern for your daughter as a mother .Bleeding during an intercourse is n ot normal.It could be suggestive of an underlying pathology like cervical inflammation , an early cervical cancer change , friction due to an aggressive intercourse causing heavy bleeding due to vaginal dryness,a local polyp in the cervix which bleeds on contact and sometime s rarely an underlying infection in the pelvis .This symptom surely needs further investigations, Blood tests, pap smear and an examination by a gynecologist would help in finding out the cause .In case the bleeding is very heavy, she must visit the ER soon as heavy bleeding can lead to complications .Kindly follow up with the doctor soonHope this helpedRegards