The bursa in my knee cap has been swollen and

Patient : The bursa in my knee cap has been swollen and fluid filled for a couple of weeks now. I was recently on a low carb diet that caused bruising and probably resulted in the injur in my after playing the wii fit. Von Willebrands disease tendencies run in my family. What is my best course of action, without insurance? Is ibuprofen good or bad? I work with children and have to be on my feet some.
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Read and understood your history and concerns. You have got a swelling in the knee cap bursa and can be blood as Von Willebrand's run in your Family. You have to consult the Hematologist get all the relevant blood tests done as it is a must before you go into further complications irrespective of the insurance or no insurance. as this can turn into life threatening even later on. NSAIDs including Ibuprofen should be avoided. Once the blood tests are done further study for the knee swelling should be done to find the cause and treat accordingly. You have to tell detailed history to every Doctor you meet. Take rest at the moment as your job looks to be demanding. Take care.