Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > The condom broke, but I had my period a week later. Can I be pregnant?

The condom broke, but I had my period a week later. Can I be pregnant?

Patient: Ok so I had sex 3 and a half months ago (protected) then again 2 weeks later … There was a chance the condum broke to I took the morning after pill 2 days later … I had my period 1 weeks later and I have had it ever sense within a week of when it normally happens … My boobs hurt and I feel bigger and tired and my abs slightly hurt and I’m always hungry and I’m planing to have my period in 2 weeks. I took a pregnancy test a month and a half after the morning after pill and it said I was not … Is there any chance I’m pregnant?

Symptoms: Hungry boobs hurt tired

Doctor: Am I pregnant:-Thank you for your query.You probably may not be pregnant, because the home pregnancy test also came negative. These may either be the side effects of the I pill or some ovulatory period indications.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.

Guest: when me and my boyfriend had sex we first didnt use a condom then after a minute i told him to put one on. then after a long while he finally ejaculated. but im scared because when he was in me without a condom i dont know if he pre ejaculated at that time. is it possible for me to become pregnant? and it was my first time having sex and i didnt get my period on the day i was supposed to