The difference between herpes and a pimple in groin area

Patient : I had unprotected sex about 3 months ago with someone new. He was my first. It happened on September 5th and today is November 2nd. Very recently I discovered a bump down there, kind of off to the side. It doesn't hurt unless I press on it. It looks like a pimple. It's just one single, tiny bump. I don't have any discomfort or pain when peeing and it isn't itchy, and even when I do press on it, it isn't that painful. I'm sure if it was herpes I would have known a long time ago, or at least a while after I had sex. I haven't been that sexually active since. My boyfriend has fingered me twice but we haven't had sex and he's clean. I'm just very worried. I got a cold recently too, not a bad one, but I'm sure I caught it from my friend. Just a runny nose, not much of a cough, no headaches or extreme fatigue or any aches in my body.
Symptoms:  Mild cold.
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Lesions from herpes can be very similar to pimples and the best way to differentiate betwee n the two is to have a sample of the fluid produced by this lesion sent to a laboratory for evaluation. Furthermore, you seem to have contracted a urinary tract infection which is causing your pain while urination. For these two reasons it would be best that you go to your doctor to be tested for sexually transmitted infections including herpes, and have a urine test performed to determine if you require antibiotics to treat this possible UTI. Please see your doctor. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com