The dr gave me a script for prednisone today I

Patient

Q: The dr gave me a script for prednisone today. I filled it and it came in a regular pill bottle. All it says is take 3 pills the first 3 days. Two pills the next 3 days then 1 pill for 3 days. Do i take all three pills at the same time?

Doctor

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I understand your concern.

Yes, mostly steroids are prescribed with a tapering dose and he might have given you low strength tablets that's why they have given you more in quantity. So, you need to take all of them as advised at a single time of the day only. And you have to taper by reducing the amount of tablets you are taking.
So, to be very clear and to avoid any confusions, you have to take all the 3 pills at one time of the 1st day followed by 2 pills at the same time next day and a single pill at the same time 3rd day.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy