The effect medication (for acne) has on my skin.

Q: Hello, I used to have a mild case of acne on my face and it is now clearing up due to the use of a dermatologist face wash, pre scripted tablets and a cream . The question I have is that my face doesn't seem to tan any more when I sit in the sun, I have yet to go on holiday since I have been using this dermatologist face wash but I over the past two years when just using normal face wash my face didn't really gain any colour after sitting for long hours in the sun.

I was just wondering do face washes damage your skin and is there anyway I can regain colour in my face?

Thanks, Jake.