Wednesday, October 28, 2020

The Importance of Social Distancing to Fight Covid-19

In the following video, Dr. Zam Dewji explains why social distancing is so important in our societies fight against COVID-19.

Video Transcript: As an Ear, Nose and Throat Physician in BC, I see various run of the mill upper respiratory tract infections. Some are more serious than others. However, I have never encountered a more serious infection such as COVID-19, let me explain why.

This is the first novel infection that has become worldwide this fast. We have the unique ability now to travel across the world in a mere 24 hours. This means we are the carriers of this virus. We have the ability to disseminate the virus but also the ability to prevent it’s transmission. 

Social distancing is one of the key components of how we can defeat this COVID-19 pandemic. What does this mean? Well to put it bluntly, stay home. Avoid crowds and certainly contact with others that have travelled or been in contact with others that have travelled within the last 14 days. Avoid playdates, school, the gym and restaurants. Avoid shopping if you can and order online if this is available in your area.

We do not want to become the next Italy where people are being turned away at hospitals because there is no room and they are literally dying waiting outside the hospital. Our hospital system is already running at capacity BEFORE this virus came about. We are not equipped to handle this outbreak and must rely on your help to succeed. 

Most Popular

Calculate your brain health score

Throughout your life, your brain’s job is to help you make sense of the world and help oversee your daily operations and...

Which Birth Control method is right for you?

Birth control (also called contraception) can help you prevent pregnancy when you don’t want to have a baby.

On The DL Episode 17: Director X shares his meditation and wellness tips

Director X is an award winning film and music video director and producer. In addition to this he is...

How to Properly Warm Up For Golf

Did you know that going straight to hit golf balls without warming up properly can cause long term joint and muscle damage....