7 C
Toronto
Sunday, April 5, 2020

The Importance of Social Distancing to Fight Covid-19

In the following video, Dr. Zam Dewji explains why social distancing is so important in our societies fight against COVID-19.

Video Transcript: As an Ear, Nose and Throat Physician in BC, I see various run of the mill upper respiratory tract infections. Some are more serious than others. However, I have never encountered a more serious infection such as COVID-19, let me explain why.

- Advertisement -

This is the first novel infection that has become worldwide this fast. We have the unique ability now to travel across the world in a mere 24 hours. This means we are the carriers of this virus. We have the ability to disseminate the virus but also the ability to prevent it’s transmission. 

Social distancing is one of the key components of how we can defeat this COVID-19 pandemic. What does this mean? Well to put it bluntly, stay home. Avoid crowds and certainly contact with others that have travelled or been in contact with others that have travelled within the last 14 days. Avoid playdates, school, the gym and restaurants. Avoid shopping if you can and order online if this is available in your area.

We do not want to become the next Italy where people are being turned away at hospitals because there is no room and they are literally dying waiting outside the hospital. Our hospital system is already running at capacity BEFORE this virus came about. We are not equipped to handle this outbreak and must rely on your help to succeed. 

- Advertisement -

Most Popular

When and How to Get Tested for COVID-19

In the following video, Dr. Zam Dewji explains when and how you should get tested for Covid-19.

COVID-19 Summary from Dr. Pankaj Chand

Over the last few days I’ve been reaching out to multiple Physicians in our network to get their take on the truth...