Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > The inner lip of my vagina is having issues For

The inner lip of my vagina is having issues For

Patient: The inner lip of my vagina is having issues. For a while now I have noticed that one part of it has become very long. It has turned blue and purple, and is very limp. I’ve never had intercourse of any kind and I need help!!

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Any abnormal changes in the vagina should always be investigated. It is not necessary t hat you should have a history of intercourse to pick up infections or inflammations. Cysts, infections, inflammations and early cancers of the vagina have to be ruled out.Kindly consult a gynecologist for an examination and follow-up. Maintain feminine hygiene and avoid nylon undergarments. Use cotton ones.Hope this helped.Regards