The nucleic acid amplication test used for finding infection

Q: Hello, I had a urine test for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea. The type of test I had was performed using the Hologic Gen-Probe DTS Tigris instrument via the Aptima Combo 2 Assay (this was stated on the urine report). I am not too sure what this means. I tested negative for both infections. From what I understand so far, a Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) is the most accurate when testing for these types of infections. Was the type of test performed on my urine considered to be a NAAT?

Symptoms:  Burning during urination, discharge, delayed urination, weak urine flow, cloudy urine

Thanks for the specific query to

The APTIMA COMBO 2 Assay is a target amplification nucleic acid probe test that utilizes target capture for the in vitro qualitative detection and differentiation of ribosomal RNA (rRNA) from Chlamydia trachomatis
(CT) and/or Neisseria gonorrhoeae (GC) to aid in the diagnosis of chlamydial and/or gonococcal urogenital disease using the TIGRIS DTS System or PANTHER System or using the DTS Systems Semi-automated instrumentation as specified.
This is a second generation of NAAT and is highly specific and sensitive. If the urine test was performed through this technique and it was negative then it is confirmed that there is no chlamydia or gonorrheal infection for sure.
I hope i have answered your query,
Wishing you good health,

Patient: Thank you so much for this, I appreciate the quick response. The only issue I am worried about is that I was not advised by my MD to give a first void urine. Can this significantly change the test result for this type of testing? If I remember correctly, I probably urinated a couple of times before giving a sample at the doctor's office. I am aware that it does often alter the results for rapid testing, etc...but how about this type of NAAT?
Patient: I also probably drank some fluids in the morning.
Doctor: If the APTIMA COMBO ASSAY test is negative, then the first void or mid stream sample doesn't matter at all.
Patient: Thank you again for everything.
Doctor: Thanks for using the service. :)