The Nuvaring Help, Pregnancy

Patient

Q: Started the nuvaring two days ago, but my boyfriend came in me today. Am I covered?

Symptoms:  No symptoms
Doctor

If you have just started NUVA RING 2 days back then you are not covered at all if you had unprotected sex and your partner as ejaculated inside. If you have applied Nuva ring after stoppage of your menses and if you are still on day 7-8 of the cycle , then you are still in your safe period and chances of conceiving would be less. But it is suggested that you may take an emergency contraception pill within 72 hours to further protect yourself. You may experience a withdrawal within 7 days but the bleeding may be scanty, due to NUVARING still in situ.
I hope i have answered your query ,
wishing you good health,
regards