The other day I fell backwards with my arm extended

Patient

Q: The other day I fell backwards with my arm extended and all of my weight went on it I felt it pop and someone grabbed me to lift me up and I felt it pop back in place after my arm went extremely numb and started to shake now I cannot lift my arm from my side or above my head I have pain,discomfort and numbness and tingling cannot apply weight I am 20 non smoker I'm good shape I have not went to be seen as of yet

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think that you have dislocated your shoulder. You have not clearly explained where the pain is being felt. Shoulder dislocations are common and you friend inadvertently fixed your shoulder. In future, please read and watch a video on how to fix a shoulder dislocation and don't do it randomly. Now that your shoulder dislocated, you might have injured some muscles and blood vessels around it.

This causes a swelling which causes a lot of problems. This can cause muscle stiffness which is why you can't move your arm. Try the following to help you:
Rest the arm. Do not lift heavy weights with it
Massage the arm
Use local application of heat to allow blood flow.
Take painkillers like Ibuprofen to reduce the swelling.

If the pain does not go away after 5 days, please see a Doctor. Hope this helps you. All the best.