The pill and 7 day break

Patient

Q: I've bin on the pill for 5 months and have missed two 7 day breaks and, now I'm spotting/heavy period while taking the pill still, is this usual? When do I take my 7 day break next and can I take a break now so my period will stop?

Symptoms:  Period cramps
Doctor

A:   Hi,

While using contraceptive pills, breakthrough bleeding can occur due to fluctuations of hormones.
Now taking a break cannot control the bleeding.
To control the bleeding you can take the support of antifibrinolytic drugs or an additional dose of hormones with your doctor's advice.
Along with them, you have to continue the birth control pills as usual till the completion of the present pack.
After completion of present pack take one-week gap and start a new pack.

Hope this helps.
Take care