The Possibility of Pregnancy

Patient

Q: I had unprotected sex 6 days after my period ENDED (he pulled out), I took a morning after pill 3 days after because I was worried, the day after I took the morning after pill I had an accident wear the condom broke and he came inside me twice (10 days following the end of my period), which was 5 hours after I started my birth control (the pill), I thought I would be fine until I found out later that you wait 7 days, I'm currently about to start my 4th week of birth control and I haven't received my period yet, could I be pregnant?

Symptoms:  Nausea
Doctor

thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com

Well firstly when you had sex you should have taken the morning after pill within24 hrs for it to be most effective. Then you had a misadventure on 10th day of your cycle with condom rupture and then without waiting for a withdrawal bleed you started the pack of oc pills. There is a possibility that you may be pregnant if you have missed your periods by more than 7 days now.
You may perform a urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy first and follow barrier contraception till you get your menses if the test is negative and please stop the oc-pill pack and wait for menses .

I hope i have answered your query in detail.
wishing you good health,
regards