The problem: I recently went through the Cyber Knife

Patient

Q: The problem: I recently went through the Cyber Knife procedure for prostate cancer, and was completely successful. The procedure ended in March 2016. My PSA is now 0.08. After the procedure, I noticed a sticky, gluey substance covering my penis. I washed thoroughly my penis and surrounding area twice every day – no luck. After washing, the sticky substance returned.

Over a period of months, I assumed that it was a fungus or yeast problem. After researching, I tried a number remedies – using miconazole, clotrimazole cream, and now monistat. Nothing worked – the sticky substance continued.

I am now considering the use of Neosporin cream (it could be an antibiotic cure rather then a fungus problem ?).

The result of my research, it appears this condition is rare. My regular doctor (a 30-year practice) never heard of the problem. My oncology doctor never heard of it either.

I am a healthy 78 year senior. I am circumcised. I received recently the results of my blood work. Everything is fine! I have had no sexual contact since months prior to the Cyber Knife procedure.

Advice ?

Symptoms:  The problem: I recently went through the Cyber Knife procedure for prostate cancer, and was completely successful. The procedure ended in March 2016. My PSA is now 0.08. After the procedure, I noticed a sticky, gluey substance covering my penis. I washed thoroughly my penis and surrounding area twice every day – no luck. After washing, the sticky substance returned.

Advice ?
Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,
The fact that there is a sticky substance which covers the glans inspite of being circumcised, the chances of smegma accumulating is ruled out and the presence of sticky substance should be fungal or exudative reaction to a possible allergic contact dermatitis. It is important that you should get a swab culture test done and then if an infection , then it can be diagnosed. Moreover if any skin lesions are evident then a local biopsy and examination under blue light would be able to diagnose a dermatitis lesion. I feel you should get a swab test and a dermatologist local examination done.
The substance could be released from urethra, in cases of chlamydial infection as well but confirmation is swab culture test.
I hope i have answered your query,
Wishing you good health,