The problem: I recently went through the Cyber Knife

Patient : The problem: I recently went through the Cyber Knife procedure for prostate cancer, and was completely successful. The procedure ended in March 2016. My PSA is now 0.08. After the procedure, I noticed a sticky, gluey substance covering my penis. I washed thoroughly my penis and surrounding area twice every day – no luck. After washing, the sticky substance returned. Over a period of months, I assumed that it was a fungus or yeast problem. After researching, I tried a number remedies – using miconazole, clotrimazole cream, and now monistat. Nothing worked – the sticky substance continued. I am now considering the use of Neosporin cream (it could be an antibiotic cure rather then a fungus problem ?). The result of my research, it appears this condition is rare. My regular doctor (a 30-year practice) never heard of the problem. My oncology doctor never heard of it either. I am a healthy 78 year senior. I am circumcised. I received recently the results of my blood work. Everything is fine! I have had no sexual contact since months prior to the Cyber Knife procedure. Advice ?
Symptoms:  The problem: I recently went through the Cyber Knife procedure for prostate cancer, and was completely successful. The procedure ended in March 2016. My PSA is now 0.08. After the procedure, I noticed a sticky, gluey substance covering my penis. I washed thoroughly my penis and surrounding area twice every day – no luck. After washing, the sticky substance returned.

Over a period of months, I assumed that it was a fungus or yeast problem. After researching, I tried a number remedies – using miconazole, clotrimazole cream, and now monistat. Nothing worked – the sticky substance continued.

I am now considering the use of Neosporin cream (it could be an antibiotic cure rather then a fungus problem ?).

The result of my research, it appears this condition is rare. My regular doctor (a 30-year practice) never heard of the problem. My oncology doctor never heard of it either.

I am a healthy 78 year senior. I am circumcised. I received recently the results of my blood work. Everything is fine! I have had no sexual contact since months prior to the Cyber Knife procedure.

Advice ?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion, The fact that there is a sticky substance which covers the glans i nspite of being circumcised, the chances of smegma accumulating is ruled out and the presence of sticky substance should be fungal or exudative reaction to a possible allergic contact dermatitis. It is important that you should get a swab culture test done and then if an infection , then it can be diagnosed. Moreover if any skin lesions are evident then a local biopsy and examination under blue light would be able to diagnose a dermatitis lesion. I feel you should get a swab test and a dermatologist local examination done. The substance could be released from urethra, in cases of chlamydial infection as well but confirmation is swab culture test. I hope i have answered your query, Wishing you good health, Regards