Patient :The skin in the crease from my thigh and vagina has become itchy and discoloured to a purple red colour and the texture of the skin has changed there is also a definite border between the normal skin.
Thanks for your query and a proper history.
The skin in the crease from thigh and vagina has become itchy and discolored to a purple red colour and the texture of the skin has changed there is also a definite border between the normal skin.
This is suggestive of a Jock's itch and occurs due to the sweating, humidity and inability to have this area well ventilated.
I would advise you the following in this situation:
- Clean the area with plain water 3 to 5 times a day.
- Apply anti-fungal ointment or liquid.
- Take once weekly dose of anti-fungal tablet like Fluconazole under Doctor's prescription.
- Keep the area well ventilated, loose pants.
- Take multivitamins to give strength to the skin.
- Oral antibiotics if there are signs of infection.
You have to continually do this, keep a watch, avoid hot and humid atmosphere.
This may be a curative treatment
This can recur easily if you are exposed to hot and humid atmosphere. Hope this helps you.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.