The skin in the crease from my thigh and vagina

Patient

Q: The skin in the crease from my thigh and vagina has become itchy and discoloured to a purple red colour and the texture of the skin has changed there is also a definite border between the normal skin.

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query and a proper history.

The skin in the crease from thigh and vagina has become itchy and discolored to a purple red colour and the texture of the skin has changed there is also a definite border between the normal skin.

This is suggestive of a Jock's itch and occurs due to the sweating, humidity and inability to have this area well ventilated.

I would advise you the following in this situation:
- Clean the area with plain water 3 to 5 times a day.
- Apply anti-fungal ointment or liquid.
- Take once weekly dose of anti-fungal tablet like Fluconazole under Doctor's prescription.
- Keep the area well ventilated, loose pants.
- Take multivitamins to give strength to the skin.
- Oral antibiotics if there are signs of infection.

You have to continually do this, keep a watch, avoid hot and humid atmosphere.
This may be a curative treatment

This can recur easily if you are exposed to hot and humid atmosphere. Hope this helps you.