The skin in the crease from my thigh and vagina

Patient: The skin in the crease from my thigh and vagina has become itchy and discoloured to a purple red colour and the texture of the skin has changed there is also a definite border between the normal skin.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query and a proper history.The skin in the crease from thigh and vagina has become itchy and di scolored to a purple red colour and the texture of the skin has changed there is also a definite border between the normal skin.This is suggestive of a Jock’s itch and occurs due to the sweating, humidity and inability to have this area well ventilated.I would advise you the following in this situation:- Clean the area with plain water 3 to 5 times a day.- Apply anti-fungal ointment or liquid.- Take once weekly dose of anti-fungal tablet like Fluconazole under Doctor’s prescription.- Keep the area well ventilated, loose pants.- Take multivitamins to give strength to the skin.- Oral antibiotics if there are signs of infection.You have to continually do this, keep a watch, avoid hot and humid atmosphere.This may be a curative treatmentThis can recur easily if you are exposed to hot and humid atmosphere. Hope this helps you.