Ask The Doctor > Pending > The third week of April (Around April 23) I had

The third week of April (Around April 23) I had

Patient: The third week of April (Around April 23) I had sex with a guy I had been seeing. The first time we used a condom, but a few hours later we had sex again without a condom. He pulled out and jerked off to finish. On Monday I went to my gynecologist and got tested for every STD and STI. I found out I had chlamydia and I’m being treated for it. The HIV test results came back negative, but is it possible for me to be positive and had a false negative result? I started having a sore throat yesterday and really bad body aches all week. I also had a terrible headache yesterday that I had to take migraine medication for. Should I get retested?

Symptoms: Sore throat, body aches

Doctor: